I love deals, opportunities to get something free or for less!!! 🙂
What is a deal?
When you get more than most other people for the same amount, it is a deal. As an example, normally people pay 400 dollars for a round trip New York to Los Angeles travel; however, if you can travel same route round trip for 200 dollars, you got a deal!!! If you buy a 1000 dollar laptop for 500 dollars, that is a deal!!!
Why do I like deals?
- I like saving money. Period. If I am able to pay less for the same thing, why shouldn’t I save some money? So this is primary reason why I like deals.
- This is after tax money, dude! Whenever you buy something, you are paying with after tax money. Depending on your tax bracket, every dollar in your pocket or in your bank is there after paying uptp 40% tax. So saving a 100 dollars on a computer LCD monitor in a nice slick deal is actually equal to 140 dollars of your income.
- I like the excitement! Do you remember you working hard to get few more marks than your friends when you were in school or college? This is a similar situation- a similar type of competition. Here you try to pay less than what others are paying! So one reason, I like deals, is the sheer excitement it offers. The bragging rights it comes with (One caution: your friends do not like your bragging much because they are still not ready to take you as smarter then them– Don’t we call every bright student a “geek”? So don’t worry.)
- Income and expense— both are two sides of the same coin. They both need smart management. We all try to augment our income, don’t we? (Ask the friend who criticised you for your smart deal! He would agree). So when we are working hard to maximise our salary, profit, bonus, income, why shouldn’t we be working littler harder to lower our expenses? Don’t take me wrong. I am not talking about not buying things. I am not talking about not enjoying the best the life (or the producers) has to offer. All I am saying is- try to pay less for the same thing. Little homework can help you get the same thing- with less money and more excitement. Every dollar saved in an EXPENSE is like more than a dollar (don’t forget about the taxes, dude!) INCOME.
- It makes you generous!!! It gets you closer to God, I mean Krishna!!! Are you surprised? Most of us, no offense, take in more than what we give back to society, community, friends, nation! We consume the world that God has given us instead of making it a better world or by giving back to society. The very simple thing in every relationship, and the heart of Hindu religion, is to constantly look at the equation of GIVING and TAKING. त्यक्तेन भुंजीथा. Enjoy by giving away. Giving away gives you more pleasure than consuming it. Enough of philosophy. My point is— it is much easiery to give away something that you have gotten in a deal. If you are true deal lover, you will agree that Deals have made you more generous than what you would have been otherwise. It is easier to part away a 10 dollar thing than a 20 dollar thing, right?
- Money is a new universal language! The whole modern world understands just one language- Money. Go to any part in the world and hand over a dollar bill to someone! You can make him/her smile!! You don’t need to know her language!!! Money is the power (which gets Bush in war with Iraq LOL), money is a the communication amoung nationsand money is the medium that facilitates trading. So better dealmaking skills give you power and help you get an edge over others. Money and deals- both go together.
So welcome to this wonderful place on the Intenet where I want to share my deals and want to listen from you.