Month: December 2012
Want to buy a camera that takes great photos indoor and in low lights for around $330? Consider Pentax K-01 on Amazon.com.
If you can stand with two drawbacks- lack of optical viewfinder and the orthodox style of Pentax k-01, this is probably one of the best dslr cameras for 2012.
* The image quality is excellent.
* With included 40mm lens, you can take impressive portraits and low light photos. If you like to take photos of people, this lens works out very well. (At the current price of $330 for Pentax K-01, the lens itself is worth $200!!! If you don’t want the lens, you can probably sell it and make the camera cost you around $150!!!)
* If you like to take landscapes, the HDR mode does wonders. Easy to use and brings in details in shadows and highlight does not get clipped either.
* With same K mount, in body Image Stabilization, and now Focus Peaking, using my Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 lens is easy and it helps get accurate focusing. K-01 body and Super Takumar lens (with combined cost of less than $400) help me take portrait photos that can compare very well with full frame $2000 plus DSLRs.
* This camera is compact and its odd look lets you take candid photos of people. Bulky SLRs many times make people too serious while being photographed but with box type camera, your subjects are less likely to take you seriously but when you show them the photos, they will be amazed.
I was going to buy K-05 but I really didn’t need weatherproofness or optical view finder so I went with K-01 and I am very glad I did. Having Canon T3i and Mirrorless micro four third Olympus PEN camera too, I can say that K-01 is a better camera and at this price point of less than $350, it is really a steal. Of course, I am assuming you are fine with its yellow color and boxy style.